“I just want dogs, kids to be safe. It needs to be treated like any other drug. If you came home with a prescription of Vicodin from your doctor you wouldn’t just leave it sitting there,” veterinarian Stacy Meola told the station.
In fact, Dr. Meola said that two dogs recently died after ingesting a lethal amount of marijuana. Such deaths are rare, but even in cases in which a dog’s life is not threatened, the dog may still be subjected to painful symptoms, including vomiting and even comas.
“We need people to realize it is potentially toxic and potentially fatal to their pets,” Van Pelt said.
It’s not cool. It’s not funny. It’s animal abuse. Would you force your child to eat food containing marijuana, or take shots of liquor?